WELCOME TO UP SAINIK SCHOOL
UP Sainik School is run by the UP Sainik Schools Society with the Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh as its Chairperson and is fully financed by the state government. Local board of administration (LBA) with the Commissioner, respective Division, as its Chairman and Principal of the school as the Secretary, is responsible for its efficient functioning on day to day basis.
AIM OF THE SCHOOL
Main aim of the school is to prepare the cadets academically, physically and mentally for entry into the commissioned ranks of the Defence Services through the National Defence Academy.
- (a) To bring each cadet to an educational standard which will enable him to complete successfully in the open competition for admission to the National Defence Academy.
- (b) To train each cadet in a manner, which will instill in him qualities of self reliance and confidence and enable him to derive full benefit from the courses of instruction at the National Defence Academy.
- (c) To render cadets physically fit to take their place at the N.D.A. and later to face with courage and endurance the hardships inseparable from life in the Armed Forces.
- (d) To impart training to all cadets so that in consonance with national spirit they could conduct themselves with confidence in any society.
- (e) To infuse in all cadets a sense of loyalty, patriotism, individual and corporate responsibility for leading a purposeful life as honest and useful citizens of India.
Much before any one in the country thought of setting up an institution as a nursery for the National Defence Academy, Dr. Sampurnanand, the then Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, had the vision and foresight of conceiving the idea. Playing a pioneering role, he established a school at Lucknow as early as in 1960 to train selected students of the state for a career in Officers’ cadre of the defence force of India through the National Defence Academy. It was again his imaginative mind which so appropriately christened the school as the sainik school, a name which was borrowed by the Ministry of Defence for a chain of institutions set up by it later, based upon the model of this school. The Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey U.P. Sainik School Lucknow, thus has the distinction of being the first school of its kind in the country.
Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey U.P. Sainik School has set a high standard of sending large contingents of cadets to the National Defence Academy, even though it is the oldest sainik school in the country, numerically it is the smallest and yet its products constitute one of the biggest batches at the N.D.A. School has trained a generation of young boys of the state not only for a career in the Armed Forces of India but also for honourable places in fields such as engineering, medicine,Business, All India Administrative Services including I.A.S. and I.P.S. This institution is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. The School is run by the U.P. Sainik School Society with the Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh as its Chairman.